Tuesday, February 1, 2011

an early breakfast

So we have been getting use to life around here; Thomas has his study schedule all worked out (which is, leave real early, have class allllllll day, try and study in between then, hopefully make it home for a later dinner, and then study while everyone else hits the sack...I'm glad I'm not the one with that crazy schedule!!) Krew and I have a much more relaxed week. We try and do a little something each day; Monday is open for anything usually library or walk in the park, Tuesday we go to an art gallery to do a craft and then play in their children's play area, Wednesday we go to a playgroup a few metro stops away, Thursday we will be getting together with some families in the ward to let the kids play and hopefully have one of the moms teach me some more about photography, Friday we go to a playgroup just down the street from where we live, and Saturday is family day in the morning (this next week we will be going the Newcastle vs Arsenal game....it should be fun. Last week we went to Newcastle's largest shopping mall, well it is actually the largest in the UK, about four miles of shopping, they even give you a map because it is so easy to get lost!). Our scheduling makes it sound like everything is running smoothly around here, but I would be lying if I said it was. Krew has been having a tough time ( it is getting better now), but for a while he was waking up several times during the night and waking up for the day around 4:30, which meant none of us were sleeping. And because his sleeping was all messed up, he was constantly fussy during the day....he would scream and cry while I made dinner or did the laundry....it was tough, and draining on all of us. But one morning, one early morning, Krew and I sat down to have breakfast and he proceeded to fold his arms, bow his head, close his eyes and say a little prayer out loud. I only recognized the word amen at the end, but it didn't matter, all I needed was the feeling that came with that prayer. It was just a little tender moment I needed that made me forget all about the hard week we just had. I was so proud of Krew and so happy that he is learning what we are teaching him, even if we get a little frustrated or tired sometimes. Anyway, after that breakfast this boy doesn't stop saying his prayers....half the time he reminds me and Thomas to say them....he really is a sweet little boy.



2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!! I love it! It really makes you feel so good when they get what you are teaching, and then they teach you a thing or two too. He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet! You guys are such wonderful parents. Can you please come back to Grenada?

    ReplyDelete