Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Lately, I have been wanting to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies...is that weird? All I know is that these next couple of months are going to go by pretty slow if I am already getting into the Christmas spirit....I still have birthdays and Halloween costumes to think about.....Yikes!
Lately, my belly has made it past the awkward fat/you ate too much stage and is rounding into a nice baby bump....which is probably due to the fact that I have been craving refried beans and skittles. So I guess if you want to get out of the awkward fat stage all you have to do is pack on a few more "rounding" pounds from bean, cheese and rice burritos.
Lately, both Thomas and I have been super anxious to find out this baby's gender.....boy? girl? boy? girl? I have no idea, no mother premonition. However, at this point it better be a girl because our list of boy names is about as long as our monthly grocery list. Welp, I guess we will find out next week!
Lately, Krew has been....well, he has been Krew. He has been keeping up with his smarts; practicing his abc's, shapes and colors everyday. He has been really into his cars; "vrooooming" them down the couch cushions for hours. He has been sneaky; writing on the walls with crayons for the first....and LAST time (by the way using a hairdryer and a soapy cloth gets it right off). He has just been Krew....which I love; he is just a unique and special little boy, we love him so much.
Lately, Thomas has been studying a ton, but has been able to make it home a lot more than last term. Krew loves it when Thomas is home and will often sit at his feet and play quietly while Thomas studies at the desk.
Lately, Krew and I have had fun with milk and cookies and powdered sugar...anything to get a kid to take pictures...right.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
This boy sure loves his cookies....as well as his milk because he knows it will give him BIG muscles...he will even flex for you, if you ask.
This photo was entered into the I Heart Faces photo challenge this week. "White" – www.iheartfaces.com
Monday, August 22, 2011
I am a little obsessed with peacocks after our trip to the Barcelona Zoo. Future pet??? Hmmmm, either way I know that there will be some sort of peacock in my future, whether it will be running outside in my yard (not very likely) or simply a peacock printed pillow on my couch.
This photo was entered into the I Heart Faces photo challenge – www.iheartfaces.com
Friday, August 5, 2011
This almost two year old....
- knows all his letters and is working on his numbers; I guess that is what you get when your only bath toys are floaty letters and numbers (we've recently added some animals so he is not totally deprived of bath-time fun)
- is nearly potty trained; I almost wish I could say it has been a hard process so the next kids will be a breeze, but I think we are in for a rude awakening when it comes to potty training the next ones.....because Krew has pretty much taught himself.
- loves to read books before naps and bedtime and when I say read I really mean recite from memory (note to self, it might be time for new books)
- has a not so little crush on a girl name Evie, but we can't blame him, she's gorgeous
- has good manners; likes to shake hands and for the most part remembers his pleases and thank you's.
- is really into Cars and now Toy Story 2, but that is because his other crush is on Jessie
- is not the best eater, but might be a milk junkie
- loves music; if all else fails music usually does the trick
- knows a bunch of animal noises. He literally knows more than twenty animal noises, including the spitting camel, standing one foot flamingo (not a noise but still counts) and the ever mystical unicorn (which does in fact make a noise, all you have to is put your pointer finger on your forehead and say "ding, : according to Krew)
- may or may not be a bit OCD. He loves to line up all his cars, or the shower products, or the goldfish crackers. but then again maybe he is just an organized little boy
- loves to be thrown by his dad. and when i say thrown i mean really chucked up in the air. three or four feet above Thomas' head is not high enough. He yells "higher" or "fly" every time he lands and then yells tornado because he wants to be thrown in a three sixty at the same time. Thomas is always happy to fulfill his request.
- loves to help out those who are hurt. It makes me want to cry every time i see him run up to the little boy or girl who has fallen or who is sulking in the corner and hold out his hand to pick them up and with his head tilted just so slightly to the side ask the little friend "you okee."
- loves to shower. it took a while for the shower to not scare krew but now he loves to stick his face in the removable shower head nozzle and spit water out all around him. he loves to spray dad too, and somehow he always manages to get a few good shots up dad's nose.
- loves Babe Ruth. Krew has a picture above his crib of the Great Bambino hitting a homerun with his picturesque swing. Every night Dad puts him to sleep and says dream of baseball, and every morning Krew gets up and points out to Dad that he and the Babe both have great homerun swings.
- loves Dash from the movie incredibles. but who can blame him. i wish i was fast enough to run on water too.
- loves Jesus. we have taught him about Jesus and he loves to point to his church pictures on the wall and say Jesus. The only problem now is that anyone with a beard is Jesus. At the supermarket he saw jesus three times last week, and on our last bike ride he saw Jesus twice.
We still cant believe he is almost two. He will be a great brother to the future addition to the family. We love him so much.